The theme for the Synfig Studio 2D Animation Hackathon is
The team should select one story from Panchatantra and create a 2D animation for the selected story using Synfig Studio. The Panchtantra is an ancient collection of stories in Sanskrit.
Please find the list of Panchatantra stories available here for your reference.
The participants are free to interpret the stories according to the current situations happening across the world. For example: climate change, elections, pandemic situation, air pollution, etc. Please make sure that the moral of the story is not changed.
The participants have to submit their animation at https://courses.fossee.in. After confirming your participation in the Hackathon, the login credentials will be generated and sent to you on the registered email ID.
Properties of animation:
- Software for creating the animation - Synfig Studio
- Animation duration - 3 minutes or less
- Render Setting Quality at 8
- Resolution - 720 x 480 px
- Frame rate - 24 fps
- Create a folder with the name of your Team-ID.
- The folder should consist of the following files:
- Source files generated in Synfig Studio - .sifz/.sif
- The video output (Avi/Mov/Fla/Ogg/Mp4)
- Source files of artwork, illustrations, images, editing files, fonts etc.
- Compress the folder and upload in zip format.
- Name of the zip folder should be .zip ONLY. Any submission not following this convention is not acceptable.
- The last date of submission is 15 December 2020 till midnight. The participants can modify their submission anytime within this deadline.
Steps to submit your animation
- Go to https://courses.fossee.in
- Click on the "Log in" button available on the top right of the page.
- Enter the username and password as received over mail and click on "Log in".
- After logging in for the first time, you will be prompted to update the password.
- Click on the "Synfig Studio 2D Animation Hackathon" available in the left panel of your dashboard.
- Scroll down and go to the "Animation Submission Upload" section.
- Go to "Click here to add your submission" to submit your files for the hackathon.
- A team can select any one of the stories from this list.
- The participants are free to interpret the stories according to the current situations happening across the world. For example: climate change, elections, pandemic situation, air pollution, etc. Please make sure that the moral of the story is not changed.
- You can refer to this document about the Panchatantra stories for your reference.
Guidelines for creating the animation:
- Create the animation using Synfig Studio only.
- All animation related work like creating graphics, image manipulation, music, background sound, editing files etc should be done only using open source software.
- You can make the narration in English or in the 22 scheduled Indian languages mentioned below:
(1) Assamese, (2) Bengali, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri.
- The animation video should be edited only using open source software.
- Using proprietary software to create the animation.
- Partial submission of files mentioned in the Submission checklist.
- Any form of plagiarism.
- Narration in any language other than the scheduled 22 Indian languages.
- Content depicting violence/abuse/improper use of illustration/nudity & sexuality/hate towards any specific religion.