The theme for All India 2D Animation Hackathon is
The participants are free to interpret the stories according to the subject they have chosen (subjects are given in the list below).
The participants have to submit their animation at https://learn.fossee.in/.
Animation on any one of the following subjects:
- Panchatantra Tales
- Jataka Tales
- Unsung Heroes : relevant to page - https://indianculture.gov.in/unsung-heroes
Properties of animation:
- Software for creating the animation - Synfig Studio
- Animation duration - 3 minutes or less
- Render Setting Quality at - 8
- Canvas size (Resolution) - 720 x 480 px
- Frame rate - 24 fps
- Create a folders with the name of your Team-ID.
- The folders should consist of the following files:
- Source files generated in Synfig Studio - .sifz/.sif
- The video output (Avi/Mov/Fla/Ogg/Mp4)
- Source files of artwork, illustrations, images, editing files, fonts etc.
- Compress the folder and upload in zip format.
- Name of the zip folder should be <Team-ID>.zip ONLY. Any submission not following this convention is not acceptable.
- The last date of submission is 25 Feb 2023 till midnight. The participants can modify their submission anytime within this deadline.
- Create the animation using Synfig Studio only.
- All animation related work such as creating graphics, image manipulation, music, background sound, editing files etc should be done only using open source software.
- Use only scheduled Indian languages (22) mentioned below:
(1) Assamese, (2) Bengali, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri.
- The animation video should be edited only using open source software.
- A team can choose any subject from the given list and create animation.
- The participants are free to interpret the stories according to the current situations happening across the world. For example: climate change, elections, pandemic situation, air pollution, etc. Please make sure that the moral of the story is not changed.
Example for file and folder structure before submission -
- Create folders (add team Id with the folder name): -
Doc , Graphics, Clips , Audio, Edit, Output.
- Place all your files and creations in particular folders
- Make .zip files of folder
- Submit .zip files
Steps to submit your animation
The instructions to submit will be displayed after 5 Feb 2023.
- Using proprietary software to create the animation.
- Partial submission of files mentioned in the Submission checklist.
- Any form of plagiarism.
- Narration in any language other than the scheduled 22 Indian languages.
- Content depicting violence/abuse/improper use of illustration/nudity & sexuality/hate towards any specific religion.
Grading criteria for submission:
- How is the story and animation presented ?
- How is the open source software used by the participants?
- How did participants follow the submitting (uploading) guidelines?